We need your help.

HUD is abandoning its interest in transitional housing. So we need your help to keep our very effective program from closing down. Our program for moving families in the Sixth Street Shelter is designed to make substantive improvements in the lives of formerly homeless families through our long-term transitional housing program.

We Nurture Family's In Order That They Can Do For Themselves What No One Else Can

The twelve families who live at the Sixth Street Shelter’s transitional housing, and are required to improve their employability through some kind of vocational development plan – will be out of luck – as will every other family who had great hopes for their future through our support.

Help Us Save Our Long-term Transitional Housing Program.

Checks by mail should be written out to the “Sixth Street Shelter” and addressed to:

Donate online through Network For Good. They provide an option to cover the small processing fee so your entire donation can be made to the Sixth Street Shelter.

Sixth Street Shelter
219 N 6th St
Allentown, PA 18102
(Please note on the check that it’s in regard to the Long-term Transitional Housing Program).

Community Action's Responsible Stewardship

Your tax-deductible donation will help us provide displaced families in the Lehigh Valley with transitional housing and counseling, so they can focus on getting on their feet. Only 9% of our budget is spent on administrative costs, the other 91% funds our programs.  

The Sixth Street Shelter is a program of the Community Action Lehigh Valley, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in Bethlehem Pennsylvania.